Job Title: Claims Administrator
Job Type: Fulltime - 40 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Position reports to: Jessica Cheeseman & Senior Management Team
- Annual Company Salary Review
- Hours: Monday – Friday (8-5)
- Holiday: 5.6 weeks per annum (inclusive of public holidays)
- Length in service holiday scheme
- Group Pension Scheme
- In-house Training / external CPD where applicable
Job purpose summary:
As a Claims Administrator you will be working closely with the administrative and reception team, Practice Manager and Managing Director.
Customer service skills are a key part of the role and speaking to clients over the telephone will be part of the job at all times.
The correct person will be bright and cheerful, comfortable with clients & not afraid of animals!
They will need to be numerate and able to calculate customer payments and excess amounts. They will also be able to produce and lay out a professional letter with correct spelling.
They should be familiar with MS Office or similar and Excel. Able to use email and Internet with ease.
- Completing direct claim forms in accordance with the Procedures Manual in a timely and accurate way
- Understanding and operating procedures to track accurately the location and progress of claim forms
- To maintain accurate records of the amounts owed to SCVS by clients and by Insurance companies
- To keep clients informed at all times of the progress of claims, amounts owed by the client and dealing generally with queries raised by clients
- To complete standard claims within 5 days of the client paying their bill
- Liaising with vets and clients when a claim is declined and a reassessment is requested
- Processing insurance cheques and bacs payments
- Completing daily spreadsheet updates
- Maintaining direct claim spreadsheets
- Shared responsibility for chasing Insurance Companies for payment of claims
- Requesting claim forms from clients
- Ensuring vets are aware at all times, for their clients, of level of insurance cover and any other payment issues
- Liaising with the Finance Team over any problem accounts
Working closely with the Referrals Administrators regarding pre-authorisations, insurance information and customer accounts
- Liaising with vets and interns to obtain estimates when needed
- Liaising with Receptionists and other staff at all times as set out in the Procedures Manual to ensure a positive and professional experience for clients
- Providing administrative support to professional staff as needed
- Answering the telephone promptly (ideally within 3 rings)
- Dealing with general calls
- Transferring calls to appropriate staff
- Passing on messages promptly
- Recording calls and information received
- General admin duties: for example ordering supplies, sending referral reports, printing forms and checklists
- Faxing and scanning
- Covering Reception may be required occasional to cover lunch breaks or sickness.