Our culture is vital to our success. We believe in putting people first and that our core values of openness, decency, dialogue and entrepreneurship underpin our success and shape the way we develop our business and the central support services, including Finance.
We have an impressive growth track record starting with 20 surgeries in 2011 rising to 141 in Sept 14, 183 in Sept 15, 293 in Sept 16 and we now have well over 425. We have also recently expanded into Europe, acquiring Evidensia Holdings on 5 May 2017. With the new European business we now have well over 600 surgeries across 8 countries and growing.
We manage that growth successfully from a collective responsibility to continually review, learn and adapt, at all times ensuring we have the right processes, systems and resourcing in place to deliver for the existing business and to accommodate future growth.
We continuously deliver improvement and efficiency – for example in 2016 we cut 2 days off our month end process and are in the process of re-engineering our month end process again to deliver further efficiencies. In 2016 we launched EDI and have now expanded it to 6 of our suppliers with more being looked at. However, regardless of improving efficiency, we still need to continually recruit to support our fast growth.
Therefore we are looking for people who like to work in an environment where no two days are the same, who relish new challenges and who like to deliver, be busy and work at pace whilst having fun and being part of the IVC family.
As previously stated, we believe that our culture is the root of our success. We are non-corporate with high standards and are success driven. We believe in identifying, recruiting and nurturing good talent - once people have joined the IVC family we really want them to stay.
The proof is in the pudding! And that is our continued fast growth and in the following:
- In the last 12 months we have recruited 58 finance positions, of which 48 positions were due to growth, and out of the current team of 86 we have internally promoted 14 people and 2 more have moved on to our European expansion.
- We have implemented a finance development path from Purchase Ledger/Takings Clerk level all the way up to Finance Controller, and are about to launch our Finance Academy (which will include management, soft skill and technical development).
- We have just launched an enhanced benefits package, which includes an annual opportunity to earn a bonus for all and 5% Employer Pension Contributions for everyone who is fully qualified.
- We are investing a significant amount in a fantastic new office by the River Avon in Keynsham for all our central support services staff for 2018 (for more, see here: http://www.thechocolatefactorykeynsham.net/),
- We provide fruit every week for all our central support services staff, and run regular finance team events (organised by the team themselves),
- We continually expect new vacancies to be created to support growth, and now also to support our expansion into Europe, which will only give yet more promotion and development opportunities to high performing team members.
- IVC Management Accountant (must be CIMA qualified or equivalent) (1 open position)
- Management Accountant – Integration (must be CIMA qualified or equivalent) (7 open positions)
- Integration Accountant (must be CIMA qualified or equivalent and prepared to travel) (1 open position)
- Assistant Management Accountant – Integration (must be AAT qualified or equivalent) (1 open position)
- Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk (2 open positions)
- Purchase Ledger Clerk (1 open position)
- Takings Supervisor (1 open position)