Veterinary Admin Assistant
Vale Vet Animal Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40hrs per week.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: Free onsite parking, excellent location and training, staff pet discount scheme
Vale Vets and Referrals is a long-established 1st Opinion Hospital and Veterinary referral centre providing veterinary referrals to the South West, Wales and the Midlands.
• Answering the telephone to referring vets, referral clients and first opinion clients. This includes explaining our services, the referral process, giving estimates, repeat medication orders, account queries and answering general queries as required.
• Taking payments over the telephone and face to face.
• Taking referral bookings, outpatient bookings and organising the appointment with the client.
• Managing the referral clinician’s diaries.
• Managing and responding to referral e-mails and online referral requests.
• Inputting all referral data on to our in-house computer system.
• Preparing all paperwork for each appointment – consent forms, collating history etc.
• Assisting the referral clinicians in the generation, proof reading and sending of reports to the referring vet and owner.
• Debt Management and liaising with our 3rd party debt management company
• Assisting with client billing and accounts
• Assisting with pet insurance claims
• Daily banking duties
• Occasional assistance on the main reception desk or within the hospital as required.
The ideal candidate will have a background in administration and accounting, with at least 5 years’ experience.
Veterinary admin experience is desirable but not essential.
Closing date for all applications is 15th December 2017
If you would like to apply for the position, please e-mail your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to FAO Sarah Newall, Vale Vets Ltd, The Animal Hospital, The Avenue, Stinchcombe, GL11 6AJ
Or find more jobs near Gloucestershire