Head Registered Veterinary Nurse
Holly House Veterinary Hospital, Moortown
As well as highly qualified vets with further qualifications in surgery, medicine, ECC and exotics we also have a fully qualified on site behaviourist and physiotherapist ensuring we are able to offer a comprehensive and holistic service to our clients. We run daily nurse consults and have a community nurse who carries out home visits.
We have grown exponentially since opening 2 years ago and are looking for a dynamic individual to lead from the front. We are proud to have exceptionally high clinical standards and are looking for someone equally passionate to ensure these standards are maintained. We welcome new ideas and hold regular team meetings to ensure we are constantly talking about how to better ourselves. Experienced candidates are welcome and we would equally be happy to help someone grow and flourish in the next step of their nursing career.
• You will be a confident and competent RVN
• You will have a positive attitude, be hard working, able to multitask and be calm under pressure
• Management experience helpful but not essential and full training and support can be provided
• You will be fronting up the nursing team at Moor Allerton. You will be responsible for ensuring our excellent clinical standards are reached at all times
• You will work closely with the practice manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of the practice and also work on specific projects, for example RCVS Practice Standards Accreditation
• Along with the practice manager you will be responsible for promoting a positive working environment, ensuring equipment is well maintained and that staff have what they need to perform their jobs well
• You will remain predominantly clinical but will be expected to attend regular meetings to discuss the running of the practice, clinical standards, marketing, new services to be offered etc. You will also be involved in creating the financial budget
• You will report to the clinical director and the head nurse
• Hours - 8-5 Monday to Friday although flexibility is appreciated and occasional late finishes and weekends will be required when training up new staff and to cover sickness.
This is a great opportunity for an RVN ready to take on a new challenge. Through IVC we have access to leadership training and more specific training in HR, finance and marketing. We can also offer plenty of internal support from the existing management team.
Or find more jobs near West Yorkshire