Location: The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham
Hours: 40 per week
Independent Vetcare are in a unique positon in the Veterinary market, since 2011, the IVC family has grown to over 600 practices across the UK and NI and 300 practices across Europe. The company is primarily focused on first opinion care, complemented by referral hospitals, and promotes clinical freedom, balanced with integrated support functions such as procurement, marketing, veterinary advisors and a full network of support features. With its vet-friendly culture and reputation for clinical excellence, IVC has quickly grown into an organisation of approximately 3,000 people, including 1,500 veterinarians.
A new position has been created within the dynamic commercial team. They are looking for a self-motivated organised individual, with a can do attitude and excellent communication skills. The position will report to the UK Head of Procurement and will also involve working with our European partners within the business.
- Manage and deliver all aspects of strategic sourcing on a designated range of clinical and non-clinical spend projects, including consumables, veterinary equipment, utilities and telecommunications.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to identify and drive further value added benefits in supply and cost reduction in non-clinical product spend.
- Develop tender documentation, manage the tender process and negotiate supplier contracts for the group. This is primarily a UK specific role but may include some work with the procurement team in Europe to establish Pan European contracts with some suppliers.
- Review supplier performance and manage against under performance.
- Provide detailed and regular reports around supplier management and present these at the monthly procurement meetings.
- Produce and manage a preferred list of suppliers and implement this within our UK veterinary surgeries.
- Dealing with non-clinical queries from our surgeries, monitoring compliance of the preferred list and offering credible solutions when problems arise.
- You will have professional Purchasing experience and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in negotiation, the tender process and implementation of successful tenders.
- Experience in the Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry preferred but not essential.
- You will be a dynamic, forward-thinking individual with strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate the logic behind your decisions.
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Effective communicator, confident dealing with multiple sites in a calm, friendly and efficient manner whatever the circumstances
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills – including Excel
- A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
Salary: Competitive salary, including bonus
Pension: Workplace pension scheme
Holiday: 25 days/year
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org