A new position has been created within the dynamic commercial team. They are looking for a self-motivated organised individual, with a can do attitude and excellent communication skills. The position will report to the UK Head of Procurement and will also involve working with our European partners within the business.
- Manage and deliver all aspects of strategic sourcing on a designated range of clinical and non-clinical spend projects, including consumables, veterinary equipment, utilities and telecommunications.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to identify and drive further value added benefits in supply and cost reduction in non-clinical product spend.
- Develop tender documentation, manage the tender process and negotiate supplier contracts for the group. This is primarily a UK specific role but may include some work with the procurement team in Europe to establish Pan European contracts with some suppliers.
- Review supplier performance and manage against under performance.
- Provide detailed and regular reports around supplier management and present these at the monthly procurement meetings.
- Produce and manage a preferred list of suppliers and implement this within our UK veterinary surgeries.
- Dealing with non-clinical queries from our surgeries, monitoring compliance of the preferred list and offering credible solutions when problems arise.
- You will have professional Purchasing experience and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in negotiation, the tender process and implementation of successful tenders.
- Experience in the Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry preferred but not essential.
- You will be a dynamic, forward-thinking individual with strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate the logic behind your decisions.
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Effective communicator, confident dealing with multiple sites in a calm, friendly and efficient manner whatever the circumstances
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills – including Excel
- A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
Salary: Competitive salary, including bonus
Pension: Workplace pension scheme
Holiday: 25 days/year
To apply, please email your CV to Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07741652975 for more information.