Medical Referral Veterinary Surgeon
Abington Park Vets, Moulton Practice
The ideal candidate will have completed a CertAVP (or equivalent), passed their synoptic examination in Small Animal Medicine, and be eligible for, or hold, an Advanced Practitioner status.
Previous experience in a referral environment and caseload is desirable, but not essential. Experience in abdominal ultrasonography with biopsy and FNA under US guidance is also preferable.
The workload will involve a mixture of first opinion and referral initially, with a view to transition into full time referral work once the caseload is built. The role is envisaged as full time, but part time hours may be considered for the right candidate. This position does not involve any out of hours (we have a dedicated, on site night team) or weekend working, but telephone support to primary care clinicians looking after the hospitalized referral patients may be requested during weekends.
The package for the successful candidate will include:
• Salary up to £60k (pro rata if part time) dependent on experience, plus bonus scheme
• Relocation allowance if required
• CPD allowance and ongoing training
• Private Healthcare
• Fully covered RCVS membership
• VDS Membership
• Minimum 28 days’ holiday (pro rata if part time)
• Pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Colleague discount – 50% off professional veterinary fees
• Cycle to work scheme
• My Benefits – discount off leading brands e.g. Tesco, Currys PC World, Apple Stock
• Happy Birthday! An extra day off to celebrate your birthday
• Gifts for birth/adoption and wedding/civil partnerships
Abington Park Referrals, part of Abington Park Veterinary Group, is an established practice operating from Moulton, Northamptonshire. The current services encompass orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, arthroscopy and laparoscopy, diagnostic imaging through on site 64 slice CT, mobile MRI, advanced colour doppler ultrasonography and fluoroscopy. Video endoscopy flexible and rigid is also available. There is an advanced in-house laboratory with a dedicated technician, where we are able to run a multitude of tests including haematology, liquid biochemistry, primary and secondary coagulation, ammonia, lactate, ketones, several hormonal assays including but not limited to thyroxine, TSH, cortisol and progesterone. We offer constant glucose monitors as well as ECG Holter monitor.
The role will start from December 2019.
Or find more jobs near Northamptonshire