The Beeches Veterinary Centre is a dedicated RCVS Accredited Small Animal Practice in Melksham,
Wiltshire looking for a Senior Vet to join our team for a 12-month period, with the potential to extend to a permanent contract. We take pride in providing excellence in patient and client care alike, while being part of a fun and supportive team. We aim to make full use of and develop staff skills within an open and trusting environment and to encourage education for our team members as well as clients.
As our Senior Vet, you will be working closely with both our Clinical Director and Practice Manager to assist in clinical protocol decision making, and management of the practice as well as providing support to the rest of the clinical team. You will be part of a well-established team of experienced vets, nurses and support staff, as well as a lovely client base with varied case load. You will be responsible for building client loyalty through excellent clinical care. Case discussion is encouraged, as is the development of new ideas and skills. You will be able to develop good rapport with all team members and clients.
- Experience is essential
- Up to date CPD
- Ability to work within a team containing persons with various levels of experience
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop professionally
- Fixed term contract
- Competitive salary
- Encouraged, supported and funded CPD in your area of interest
- IVC employee benefits including pension, networking opportunities & money saving schemes
- Private medical insurance
- 38 hours per week
- 1:4 weekends
- No OOH or Bank Holidays worked
- 6.6 weeks of holiday per year plus your birthday off!
- Easy reach to great countryside and National Trust properties
- Only 30 minutes to Bath, 1 hour to Bristol Airport and 1.5 hours to London Paddington
Facilities and who you’ll work with:
Single-site RCVS Accredited Small Animal Practice with staff car park. We have separate dog, cat and isolation wards, a separate theatre with multi-parameter monitoring system, suction, cautery and heated operating table, an imaging suite including digital CR radiography, flexible endoscope and a new mobile ultrasound machine, a large prep room with recovery kennels and separate dental tub table, a Tonopen and Algarbrush, a dedicated laboratory and a veterinary ambulance. Dental radiography is our next project!
You’ll be part of a team of 3.5 FTE Veterinary Surgeons, our Head Nurse, 5 other RVNs, 2 SVNs, a dedicated reception team plus our Practice Manager.