You will be required to make animal welfare your first consideration in seeking to provide the most appropriate attention for the animals committed to your care. This will be carried out using your knowledge of physiology, nutrition and medicine and your practical skills top diagnose illness, prescribe medicines, perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the daily caseloads of consultation and range of routine and advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures.
- To perform consultations, treatment, stabilisation and surgery of animals.
- To keep a clear record of all clinical notes and to have written consents for surgery.
- To ensure comfort and general welfare of all animals entrusted to the surgery.
- To carry out professional Veterinary work (small animals).
- Responsibility for clinical protocols within the Veterinary Practice in accordance with the RCVS guidelines.
You will also be required to maintain a high level of professional up to date knowledge of the diagnosis, management and treatment of cases. You will be required to attend courses to promote continued professional development.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Membership of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Several years of post-qualification clinical and surgical experience
- A high standard of customer care and service
- Desire for personal development
No Agencies Please