We operate over three sites; a 24 hour RCVS accredited hospital; a one-year old state of the art well pet clinic complete with CT scanner; and a small general practice in the heart of a lovely spa town.The vet team all have their own areas of expertise and include exotics, medicine, surgery and ECC certificate holders.
We are well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, CT, endoscopy, ECG, Doppler blood pressure, critical care monitors, ventilators, rabbit v-gels, dedicated exotic and small furry wards and a well-equipped theatre suite. Most importantly we have a fantastic team of staff who are friendly and supportive. The vets are encouraged to work together and have weekly meetings to discuss cases and share knowledge learnt on CPD. There is a strong focus on wellbeing with monthly Schwartz rounds to discuss non-clinical aspects of our work.
The current work pattern is a 4 day week and an equal share of the out of hours rota which is 1 in 7. A day off is given after a night on call and 2 days after a weekend on call. We offer a competitive salary, exclusive company discounts, reward schemes and career development. Holiday allowance is 5 weeks with an additional day off on your birthday. CPD allowance is £1200 and 5 days.
Part time and new graduate applications welcomed. For new graduates, we can offer:
- A large and experienced vet team including cert holders in surgery, medicine, ECC and exotics
- A designated clinical and pastoral mentor
- Senior vet second on call
- Plenty of exposure to routine surgical cases as well as regular shifts at the main hospital giving exposure to more complex medical and surgical cases and emergency work in a supportive and friendly environment
- Regular opportunity to discuss work, set targets and talk about further training/support that you would like