Vale Referrals is a long established multidisciplinary referral clinic situated 20 minutes north of Bristol and 20 minutes South of Gloucester and Cheltenham in a beautiful part of the Cotswolds yet close to the M5 and M4 corridor.
We are a small, dynamic, cohesive team comprising of clinicians in internal medicine, orthopaedic surgery, ophthalmology and diplomates in soft tissue surgery, dermatology and cardiology.
Vale Referrals is undergoing an exciting phase of expansion, including new clinical services and facilities. We pride ourselves on being forward-thinking, client focused veterinary practice focused on care, integrity, knowledge and support. Our team is ambitious and has a good, personal relationship with primary practitioners who refer to the clinic, as well as with the owners of the patients under our care.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Graduate vet degree with Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (or eligibility)
- Residency training in Veterinary Small Animal Internal Medicine, with Board-certified or residency-trained for ECVIM-CA or ACVIM (or RCVS Diplomate)
- Oncology interest desirable
- Experience of managing acute and chronic medical cases and managing their investigation independently whilst working within a supportive team
- Experience of public speaking and provision of continuing education to primary practitioners
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, referring veterinarians and clients
- Good time management skills and the ability to work well within a team are essential
- Experience of work in a first-opinion practice environment is desirable